Councillor Ram Parkash Lakha OBE
Ward: Binley and Willenhall
Other councillors representing this Ward:
More information about this councillor
For an appointment, call 024 7683 1030. I am happy to make a home visit if needed or email firstname.lastname@example.org
C/O Member Services
The Council House
Bus. phone: 024 7683 1030
- Binley and Willenhall Ward Forum (Cabinet Member)
- Cabinet (Deputy Cabinet Member)
- Cabinet Member for City Services (Deputy Cabinet Member)
- Communities and Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Board (4) (By Invitation)
Terms of Office
- 04/05/1989 - 03/05/1990
- 02/05/1991 - 10/06/2004
- 10/06/2004 - 06/05/2007
- 06/05/2007 - 05/05/2011
- 05/05/2011 - 10/05/2015
- 10/05/2015 -
Appointments to outside bodies
- Bus Lane Adjudication Service Joint Committee (BLASJC)
- Coventry Airport Consultative Committee
- Coventry and Solihull Waste Disposal Company Limited - Shareholders' Panel
- Coventry Association for International Friendship
- Coventry General Charities Trustees
- Culture Coventry Trust Board of Directors
- Parking and Traffic Regulation Outside London Adjudication Joint Committee (PATROLAJC)
- Tom Mann Centre Trust Management Committee
Councillor Ram Lakha was Lord Mayor of Coventry for 2005-06. He was first elected in May 1989 in Upper Stoke Ward. Then after with one years’ absence, he was elected in May 1991 to represent Binley and Willenhall Ward and has happily been serving this ward as Labour Councillor since then.
He was born in a small village (Nawan Pind Naicha) in Indian Punjab in 1949. He graduated from Punjab University (India) in 1969 and was married to Meto (who had been a Radford Ward Councillor from 1992-1994 and a Foleshill Ward Councillor from May 2000 to 2004).
Councillor Ram Lakha has worked in various fields and was a civil servant in India for five years. Here in Coventry he has worked on the shop floor, and as part of management, for over 14 years in metal finishing and industrial painting. He has also worked in the voluntary sector, parcel delivery services, and as a shop-keeper. Councillor Lakha is now a full-time councillor.
He served on the West Midlands Fire and Civil Defence Authority for one year as representative of the council. He also served as a Non-Executive Director of Whitefriars Housing Group. He was a governor of Coventry Technical College during 1989-90 and served as a school governor of Stoke Park Secondary School for over ten years. He is currently the school governor of Willenhall Community Primary School.